Monday, March 14, 2011

Gospel v. Legalism

Gospel v. Legalism

Great Quotes from recent sermon by Tullian Tchividjean (Billy Graham's Grandson)


Wrong:        My standing with God is based on what I do
Right:          My standing with God is based on what Jesus has done

Wrong:       Our actions are the root to God’s favor
Right:         Our actions are the fruit of God’s favor

Wrong:       Obey so that God will be Happy with you
Right:         Obey because God is Happy with you

Wrong:      Our obedience to him does not motivate his infinite happiness with us
Right:        God’s infinite happiness with us motivates our obedience to him

Wrong:      I am obligated to live for God so that God will love me
Right:        I am free to live for God because God has already loved me

Wrong:     Our works drive God’s love for us.
Right:       God’s love for us drives our works

Wrong:     I obey.  Therefore, I am accepted.
Right:       I am accepted, therefore, I obey.

Wrong:     I have to live this way in order for God to be happy with me
Right:       I get to live this way because God is happy with me

Wrong:    My daily relationship with God is based on my radical struggle for Jesus
Right:      My daily relationship with God is based on Jesus’ radical struggle for me

Wrong:     God’s approval comes from our improvement
Right:       Our improvement comes from God’s approval

No comments:

Post a Comment