Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Peace

Eph. 2:8, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God." 

This morning, as with every morning, a million temptations will try to derail me.  I will try not to give in to sin and I will try not to intentionally sin.  I will implore the Holy Spirit to protect and buttress me.   Yet, I will succeed some and fail some.  Today, as all days, will end with a mixed result. 

However, despite the fact that I will succeed in not sinning some of the time and fail in my desire to be obedient at other times, I am at peace.  My "successes" do not justify me and and "failures" do not condemn me.
  
Rom. 10:9-10, "that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved;  for with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation." 

Rom. 11:6, "But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works, otherwise grace is no longer grace."

Gal. 2:16, "nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we may be justified by faith in Christ, and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of the Law shall no flesh be justified."

Romans 8:1-2
Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.

No comments:

Post a Comment