Sunday, April 6, 2014

The Rooster Crowed

Elyse Fitzpatrick on Transparency:

How many of you are glad that the story of Peter's denial is in the bible?  Was is a good thing that Peter sinned and denied Christ?  No.  Is it a good thing that we know about it?  Yes, of course, it is.  Why are we not transparent?

This world needs an authentic Christianity. People who struggle just like they do but have found a Savior who forgives. That's what they need.

You see we are children of the light. We are children of the day. And it means that we are not afraid of admitting our sins, and we're longing for complete transformation at the same time. See, I want to thread this needle for you. Because on the one hand, I don't want to cover who I really am. I am a sinner. I struggle with unbelief and when I am struggling with unbelief, I struggle with being cranky. 

Walking in the light means that we stand transparently before God and others. Here's the reality—you are already standing transparently before God. You know that. And I can put on my best "churchiness," but God sees right into my heart. You know what's really shocking about that? He sees right into your heart, and yet He loves you. I mean, get that. He sees your heart. He sees all of the ways you're faking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment