Friday, September 10, 2010

Which Rich Person am I?


From What is so Amazing about Grace Blog

Rich Man 1 - Luke 18

Respected official
with great morals
openly speaks to Jesus
When challenged chooses His money over Jesus

Rich man 2 - Luke 19

Zacchaeus
despised tax collector
cheat & crook
Too scared to talk to Jesus so watches from afar.
Freely offers his money without even being asked.

Which one am I?

Recently I have read some scary statistics that suggest that much of the western church has become the first rich man. I've read of good churches where 50 percent of people never give anything and the percentage of people who tithe is in the teens!

What I do know is that in our consumeristic western society if God has not got your wallet he has not got your heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment